The New Bedford Fishing Heritage Center seeks a part-time Operations Manager to coordinate volunteers, oversee memberships, and manage a small gift shop. The Operations Manager works approximately 15 hours per week with weekend and occasional evening hours. Hours can be flexible. The Operations Manager reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Recruiting, training and scheduling volunteers to assist with a variety of tasks including daily operations, special events, educational programs, visitor engagement, and gift shop staffing.
- Tracking corporate, individual and vessel members
- Assisting with annual membership drive
- Assisting with annual appeal
- Generating member packets, and tracking member benefits
Gift Shop Management
- Identifying artists, authors, and others to consign work
- Tracking inventory and ordering stock as needed
- Pricing and displaying items
- Entering new items into Square point of sale cash register
Education: BA/BS preferred and/or 3+ years of relevant experience
Experience: 3+ years of administrative experience, preferably within a non-profit setting.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Must be detail oriented, flexible and energetic
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work environment
- Must have familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite; familiarity with QuickBooks; Past Perfect donor management software; WordPress; and Square Point of Sale a plus
- Must be comfortable working in a small office environment with minimal privacy
- Familiarity with New Bedford and the fishing industry a plus
Application Deadline: December 29, 2017
Please submit cover letter, resume, and 3 references to:
PO Box 2052
New Bedford, MA 02741-2052
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
No positions open at this time.
Applicants are considered without regard to race, creed, color, country of origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, or sexual orientation.