Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the New Bedford Fishing Heritage Center.
For information on our upcoming Volunteer Orientation Event on Saturday, March 7th from 8:30am- 10:00am, click here.
There are many volunteer opportunities. You might:
- Welcome visitors
- Staff the reception area and gift shop
- Assist with educational programs
- Conduct research
- Help with special events
If you work or worked in the fishing industry or are part of a fishing family, we hope you will share your industry skills and knowledge with visitors. You could:
- Lead walking tours of the working waterfront
- Demonstrate industry skills (net mending, rigging, knot tying, etc.)
- Demonstrate maritime crafts (model making, marlinspike artistry, etc.)
- Talk with school groups or the public about your work and life
Volunteers are needed during Center operating hours (Thursday-Sunday 10-4) and for occasional evening programs and special events. Volunteer hours are flexible and can be scheduled according to your availability and particular area of interest. We are also looking for those who are able to make a weekly commitment of 2 hours.
For more information please email the Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (508) 993-8894.